PChome is operated by PChome Online Inc. To support the protection of personal data and maintain the right to personal privacy, in the following statement, PChome will explain to you the purposes, categories, scope and method of use of personal data collection by PChome, as well as the relevant rights that you are entitled to exercise.
■ Scope of applicability
PChome may process relevant personal data located within the European Union (EU) and may transfer the data from the EU in compliance with the relevant regulations. The mechanisms include the data processing agreements developed in accordance with the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. When you use the services provided by PChome, you consent that we may transfer your relevant data to these countries and areas regions.
PChome’s websites and mobile applications may include various links or the services provided by other partners. The privacy policies and the relevant disclosures about personal data protection of these links or partner’s website are available at each link and partner’s website.
■ Methods of personal data collection
PChome will collect your personal data through the following means:
- When you register as a member of PChome.
- When you use the services provided on PChome’s websites and mobile applications.
- When you do online shopping at PChome’s websites and mobile applications.
- When you participate in the giveaways and marketing activities organized by PChome or our partners, during which PChome or our partners shall request that you follow the instructions on the websites or activity webpages and provide the necessary information, which includes your personal data. As such, you consent that PChome may provide the personal data collected from you to our partners or acquire your personal data from our partners.
- When you use our member service and customer feedback system.
- Other means.
■ Purposes of collecting personal data
PChome shall collect, process, use, and transfer your personal data within the scope of the specified purposes as follows and based on the nature of the services and activities provided to you.
- Life and health insurance
- Marketing (Including the need to verify a giveaway winner’s identify, hand out the gifts, and issue the withholding tax statement as required by law)
- Non-government agencies’ collection, processing, and use of personal data as required by law
- Services provided for credit card, cash card, debit card, bank card and electronic ticket
- Management of contracts, contract-like arrangements, or legal affairs (including exercising legal or contractual obligations)
- Consumer/customer management and services (including aftersales services)
- Consumer protection
- Property insurance and liability insurance
- Commercial and technical information
- Procurement and supply management
- Vouchers/tickets purchase
- Intellectual property rights, management of optical disks, and other relevant administrative procedures
- Communications administration and management
- Accounting and related services
- Communication operating businesses
- Information (communications) and database management
- Online shopping and other e-commerce services
- Advertisement or commercial behavior administration
- Survey, statistics and analysis
- Other registered services or services specified in the Articles of Incorporation
■ Categories of personal data to be collected
PChome will collect the following personal data based on the nature of the services provided on PChome’s websites and mobile applications:
- Personally identifiable information: Including but not limited to one’s name, job title, current address, work address, previous address, residential phone number, mobile phone number, instant messaging software account, social media account, account registered on our online platforms, mailing and residential address, email address, IP address, cookie settings, and other personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable financial information: Including but not limited to one’s financial institution account number and name, credit card or debit card number, insurance policy number, and other personal numbers or accounts.
- Government database information: Including but not limited to one’s ID number, unified number, tax identification number, passport number, etc.
- Personal descriptions: Including but not limited to one’s age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, etc.
- Family status: Marital status, etc.
- Leisure activities and interests: Including but not limited to one’s hobbies, sports, and other interests.
- Information required for product delivery: When you make a purchase via PChome’s websites and mobile applications, PChome shall request you to provide necessary information for product or service delivery, so as to facilitate product delivery logistics operations. This information includes the recipient’s name, telephone, mailing or correspondence address, and any other necessary information.
Other information: When you participate in giveaways and marketing activities organized by PChome and our partner vendors, PChome may ask you to provide the information necessary to participate in those activities, including but not limited to the aforementioned basic information and delivery information.
Additionally, to improve the quality of our services, PChome shall record your IP address and browsing activity (hardware and software used and web pages you have entered) on our websites as well as your mobile application usage history based on the nature of the services provided on our websites and mobile applications. However, these data are used solely for network traffic analysis and networking behavioral surveys, so as to improve the quality of the services provided on our websites and mobile applications. This information is used for analyses in aggregate form only, which will not be associated with any particular individual.
■ Purpose of use of personal data
The personal information collected by PChome that is sufficient to identify you is reserved solely for internal use in PChome through the following methods and based on the purpose of data collection:
- 「Advertising and marketing: To notify PChome members about our product and activities, PChome shall use information provided by you to send you relevant marketing information .
- Product delivery: To ensure that the products you ordered are successfully delivered to your designated address, PChome shall provide our partners with your personal information, which includes the supplier of the product you have purchased or a PChome-certified logistics service operator.
- Authorization of financial transactions: To complete the payment of the orders you have placed on PChome’s websites, PChome shall provide your personally identifiable financial information to the necessary financial institution during the transaction.
Prize notification and delivery: To ensure that you receive the prize notification, prize, and the withholding tax statement issued by law, PChome shall, at our own discretion, use or provide your personal information to the partners of the activity (including the co-organizers, suppliers of the prizes, and logistics companies).
Other business-related affairs: To achieve the aforementioned objectives, which include but are not limited to customer management and service, performing statutory or contractual obligations, protecting the rights and interests of parties involved and relevant stakeholders, property insurance, liability insurance, and after-sales services, PChome shall use your provided personal information within a necessary scope of application and in compliance with the methods specified in the Personal Data Protection Act.
- Market analysis: To improve the quality of our services, PChome shall use your browsing activity (hardware and software used and web pages you have entered) on our websites, as well as your mobile application usage history for traffic analysis and networking behavioral surveys, including the use of third-party cookies or similar measures. This is to aid PChome in improving the quality of the services provided on our websites and mobile applications. This information is used for analyses in aggregate form only, which will not be associated with any particular individual.
■ Periods, areas, parties and way of the use of personal data
Regions: Unless otherwise specified by law, PChome shall use your personal data provided by you based on your authorized scope, within the domains and regions of PChome’s services, and the necessary scope of the purposes of use.
- Based on the information stated in the “Purpose of use of personal data” section, PChome shall use your personal information at its own discretion, share and exchange the information with our associates, or provide the information to necessary partners based on the necessary scope of the services provided to you or activities you have participated in.
- Except for any one of the following reasons, PChome will not provide any personally identifiable information to third parties (either onshore or offshore), or use the information for purposes other than data collection:
- When you have been informed of, and have consented to, the use of your personal data.
- When it is necessary to provide services or fulfill contractual obligations.
- When the information is provided to an insurer to assist in handling insured risks and events.
- When the information is required for statutory purposes or under the order or request of the competent authority.
- When the information is used to protect your legal rights and interests as well as those of other PChome members or third parties in the event of an emergency.
- When the information is used to maintain the normal operations of our member service system.
- When the information is permitted to be used for purposes other than those specified in Article 20 of the Personal Data Protection Act.
■ Data security
PChome shall maintain personal data security by implementing reasonable technology and procedures consistent with industry standards.
■ Rights of data subjects
According to Article 3 of the Personal Data Protection Act, you can exercise the following rights on PChome with regards to your personal data:
- Inquiry, review, and request a copy of your personal data. However, PChome may charge you the necessary costs and expenses.
- Amend or correct your personal data when changes have been made to it or when there are inaccuracies.
- Remove and terminate the collection, processing, and use of your personal data when there no longer exists a purpose for its collection or when the prescribed period has expired. This does not apply when the data is necessary for PChome to perform duties or do business, or when the exercise of the right of deletion is not applicable to the data.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or have any other inquiries, please contact PChome’s customer service center.
For the sake of user convenience, cookies may be used on PChome’s websites, so as to provide services that better meet the personal needs of users. Cookies are a technology t hat allows website servers to communicate with a user’s browser; some information may be stored as cookie data on the user’s computer, which PChome will read. Although users may turn off or restrict this function through browser settings, they may not be able to access some of the functions on PChome’s websites as a result. Please contact PChome’s customer service center if you wish to learn about the means to turn off or restrict this function, or refer to your browser for relevant information on cookie management.
PChome shall use your personal data to successfully provide services to you, complete relevant transactions, or fulfill contractual obligations based on the nature of the services. PChome shall respect your decision if you are unwilling to provide PChome with the relevant personal data required in each service or transaction, or consent to PChome’s collection, processing, use, and globally transference of the personal data in accordance with the law, privacy policies, and related disclosures., However, based on the nature or conditions of each of the services we provide, you may be unable to use the service or complete the relevant transactions, and PChome shall reserve the right to withhold such services or suspend relevant transactions.
PChome reminds you to keep all your personal data safe. Please do not provide your personal data to unknown third parties at will. Please remember to log out after providing or changing your personal data online. Please turn off the browser if you are using a shared or public computer, so as to prevent others from collecting and using your personal data inappropriately.
■ Rights to amend
■ Governing law and governing court
You consent that the laws of the Republic of China shall be the governing law to settle any disputes that may arise from your usage of PChome’s websites or mobile applications. Unless otherwise provided by a compulsory article of law, the Taipei District Court of Taiwanthe Taipei District Court of Taiwan shall be the court of in the first instance.